Will I be violating board policy, the law, or the rights of others?
Is it equitable?
- Can I sit down around a table and face all parties concerned at the same time?
- Does it promote wholesome relationships?
- Can I look in the mirror and feel good about myself?
Is it explainable?
- In a clear and concise manner that the general public can understand it? (If you can't explain it to all concerned, it may be perceived as being unfair.)
Will it leave me with a clear conscience?
- Will it make me proud?
- Will it stand the light of day--tomorrow, as well as today?
- Would I feel good if my family knew about it?
- Supreme test--Could I kneel in my bedroom and pray, "Dear Lord, I have done my best; give me what I deserve."
Jerry first wrote this down almost twenty years ago. It is still relevant today. Thank you, Jerry, for sharing these questions out of your own experience.